Gone are the days of boring, flimsy, poor quality Order of Service... Over the years, I have designed and created many different types of Order of Services. I get asked so many different questions about these stationery items and I find that many of my couples struggle to bring these together. My job, as with all the other stationery, is to make it as painless a process as possible, whilst of course, making them perfect for you.
The kinds of things you need to consider when it comes to ordering your Order of Service are:
- Do you want them to be in the same design and style as your invitations? So the same colours, motifs, patterns, gold foiling, paper stock etc.
- How much information are you going to have in them? Are they simply going to be timelines of the day or are they going to contain all the hymns, readings, etc.
- Do you want to provide your guests with one per couple or one per person?
There are basically 3 different formats to choose from with Orders of Service and heres a little breakdown for you;
- A card, either A6 or A5 size. Single or double sided, depending upon how much information you need on them. This option is definitely one for couples that don't have much information to go on them in general.
- Folded card; a 4 page booklet. Again, I would suggest to go for this style if you don't have an abundance of information to go on them.
- An 8 page Booklet; which I find is the most popular option. With this style, you have an outer cover, which can be printed on all sides and then an insert sheet which is stapled in. These are great for when there is a lot of information- like having the hymns written out etc.
In terms of design, as ever, there are so many options, but I feel like I can put them into 'categories' for you:
- Most of my couples usually carry on their design from their invites to their Orders of Service, so including a motif, the same fonts, colours and overall vibe.
- Others like to include a sketch of the Church/ venue that they are getting married in.
- And sometimes, people want to go more traditional with them and keep them quite simple- so no patterns or illustrations.
At the end of the day, it's up to you. It's a personal preference. But these are so important to get right because your guests will naturally keep hold of them as a momento of your Big Day. Have a look below at just a selection of past Orders... Please do get in touch if you have any questions and need any help with sorting yours out.